2011年9月19日 星期一

100 Ways To Use A Kindle - Peter Fogarty

100 ways to use a kindle - peter fogarty
100 ways to use a kindle - peter fogarty

100 ways to use a Kindle was written as I discovered there was so much more I was using it for than anyone else I seem to know. I decided that I would see if I could find 100 different uses, hints and tips for the Kindle. The tips are based on the 3g Kindle 2, but there is no reason why someone sitting in a WiFi zone, or running a Kindle DX would not also really enjoy my discoveries.

I have spent a lot of the time looking for much better versions of websites to those provided on the original Kindle. I have actively looked for different mobile versions of the websites. Why? Because every time I have been on the web, I spend more time reorganizing the layout and text sizes, so I can see the page, than actually looking at the page.

It is also because I like using the simplified version of websites, which are far less populated with adverts, and seem to run much faster.

So what have I learnt, which you will also learn? I now know who to directly email on a Kindle, I can chat on a Kindle, I have found a wonderful medical site, where you type in your medical symptoms, and the website lets you know if you should worry or not.

The list obvious roles on. I have found lots of great websites where I can now actually play fun games on the Kindle, and I can keep a child quiet while we are driving long distances.

Speaking of driving, do you know where to look to pick up travel directions, a map and an excellent restaurant recommendation when you arrive? Do you know how you can share the photos you take on this trip with your friends and family when you get home? This book was a wonderful learning experience for me. I even found out ways to translating the menu, so I finally know exactly what I am ordering!

It just gets better and better. Did you know that there is a little piece of software which you can use which will automatically download online newspapers (and I suspect blogs etc) for you and form them in to Kindle ready e-books for you to read, so you can read the latest news without needing to pay a monthly subscription charge.

While I was wandering around the websites, I also found out how you can recognise the stars in the sky from any place on Earth from either a vertical or horizontal view and the latest space news.

My most exciting moment was probably discovering and creating a blog which is linked to this book from a Kindle. If I can do it, so can you! Think of how many different things a Kindle can now be used for while sitting on a train, waiting for a bus or killing time at home.

The aim of this book is to show you that the Amazon Kindle is so much, much more than just a brilliant e-book reader - it can help you from the finding love, to doing the shopping as well!

DOWNLOAD 100 WAYS TO USE A KINDLE - PETER FOGARTY

沒有留言:

張貼留言