2011年9月24日 星期六

Spitfire Wingman From Tennessee - Col. James R. Haun

spitfire wingman from tennessee - col. james r. haun
spitfire wingman from tennessee - col. james r. haun

Dear Jim: Your autobiography is all I knew it would be once you got around to it! It has handed me a lotta laughs and much enjoyment. In the tradition of LeMay and Yeager, if a commander turned out to be a S.O.B., you said so. BRAVO! When I was with the Office of Air Force History, I interviewed so-o-o-o many top echelon retirees who insisted on bronzing everybody...I can relate to every chapter. Keep on pressing on. --Jim L. Delaney - Lebanon, Tennessee

Dear Col. Haun: I have just finished reading your autobiography. I wanted to thank you for the memories. I have been flying for about ten years now and dream of flying the planes you have flown...It sounds like you had an exciting career. I would love to fly an old pre-war biplane. The beautiful lines of the fabric birds combined with the sounds of the "round" engines brings to life dreams of days gone by. Maybe one day I will get to meet you at an air show somewhere. Respectfully, Rod W. --Rod Wrakley - Dayton, Ohio

To Jim Haun, the best pilot I ever knew. Sure would like to be there for your 89th birthday celebration, but don't think I can make it. The following weekend is the 12th Squadron reunion at Colorado Springs. There aren't many of us left who remember Godman Field...God bless. Affectionately, Johnny --John E. Florence - Orlando, Florida

DOWNLOAD SPITFIRE WINGMAN FROM TENNESSEE - COL. JAMES R. HAUN

沒有留言:

張貼留言